Collection of herbs
contains about 4000 taxa and the plants are grouped:
According to geographical origin
Plants of Mediterranean, North America, East Asia, plants of the Southern Hemisphere, plants of the Caucasus and Central Asia and autochtonous plants in the Czech republic – these form the basis of stands in the steppe exposure of Southeast Europe and are also planted in the botanical system. These are maily types of meadow vegetation in warmer areas.
By genera and family
- Irises (Iris) – The collection includes only the irises cultivars Iris barbata of the Elatior group. The plants are arranged by color and by time of breeding.
- Daylilies (Hemerocallis) – Older cultivars are planted in a bed of monocotyledons, newer assortment is collected near the administration building.
- Saxifraga (Saxifraga)
- grasses – The collection of grasses contains the basic species of our flora and the most commonly used cultivars of the families Cyperaceae, Poaceae a Juncaceae.
- Asteraceae (Asteraceae)
- buttercups (Ranunculaceae)
- monocotyledons (Monocotyledonae)
According to the method of use
- medicinal plants
- useful plants
- poisonous plants
- plants suitable for gardens for the blind
- plant suitable for roof gardens
The garden is also known for its collection of rock gardens, for which several alps have been built:
- classic alpinum in an old arboretum
- garden of miniatures
- alpine greenhouse
- rock garden with North American plants
- rock garden with Central Asian plants
- collection of Saxifraga
- space near greenhouses
In the oldest part of the garden grow undergrowth perennials, in the central part we find a perennial flowerbed with an assortment suitable for full sun and pools with aquatic and mud plants.